Topics Topics Help/Instructions Help Edit Profile Profile    
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  
Heather O'Rourke: The Memorial Board * General Discussion * Plaster cast of Heather's head...why? < Previous Next >

Celia Foster (Celia)
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 04:03 pm:   

For those of you who wonder and were mystified a week or so back when Tammy was selling the plaster cast of five-year-old Heather's head--specifically why it was ever made in the first place--I am pretty sure I know why. It was made for the dummy they used in the closet sucking sequences and the run to the Freeling's station wagon scene to get the head and ear proportions just right. But the dummy never fooled us sharp people, did it? :)

Chickles82
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 10:24 pm:   

my picture

DMONIGLE

That's kinda creepy! I mean, it doesn't even have any hair. What do you suppose one would do with it? (I'm not even going to THINK what some weirdo would do with it!)

VERUKAKRUEGER

Well, I'd asume that one would make a doll replica with it.
That's only slightly creepy, but there's as many people in this
world who live in fantasy as there are weirdo's. I'd prefer to think
an artist or doll maker obtained this cast.

ENERGETIC7
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 04:04 pm:   

Hi GUYS
Actually the plaster cast of Heather's Head was damaged and could not be sold.
According to Tammy the cast was used in the movie of Poltergeist.(you guys were right!) Tammy and her family owned two casts. So she decided to try sell one of them. Unfortunately it became damaged goods.
I bid on the cast because I think It would of made a great display. Think of it as a sculpture of a famous person. Or a rememberance.
I remember in grade two I had my hand print done in plaster. I still have it. It's very special to me.
Tammy said that Heather displayed one of the casts in her room as a momento from the movie she stared in.

Admin
Posted on Sunday, November 10, 2002 - 11:03 pm:   

In reference to the first post.....

I feel kinda dumb.. LOL... I didnt realize it wasnt real in the movie till I read the post and saw the movie again. :)

_Tim_

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration